SSO User Guide | Federated IdP
Single Sign On (SSO) means that providing you are able to sign into your company’s user account (or your company’s federation provider) You can login to your FT account without having to enter an FT account password.
How to sign in to your FT user account via SSO
There are two main ways available to log in via Single Sign On to view FT content. The Discovery Service, or via a bespoke WAYFLess URL.
The next time you want to view FT content (e.g. click on an article you want to read) Either directly via www.ft.com or an external FT article (e.g. an email link, a link on twitter etc)
Note - In order to log in via SSO you will need to log out of FT.com initially. The following link will ensure you are logged out: Log me out of my FT account.
1) Providing you’re not already logged in to your FT account, when you select an FT article you’ll reach a barrier page, click ‘Sign in here’ and you will be directed to the page below:
2a) Enter your email address and click ‘Next’
2b) Your email address is identified as belonging to an SSO enabled organisation. Click ’Sign In’
3) You’ll be re-directed to your chosen FT article
3A) If you’re not signed in to your company’s federation provider on your device/browser, before being directed to your chosen FT article, you’ll be taken to your company’s federation provider sign in page and asked to enter your account Username AND Password (Please note: not your FT password) You will then be logged into your FT account and taken back to the content you selected.
3B) You will need to follow the SSO login process for each different device and/or web browser what you wish to access FT content. E.g. If you are signed in on Firefox, this will not log you in on a Chrome web browser.
WAYFLess URL access
A bespoke URL will be made available to you. You will be able select this link to sign in to your FT account
1) To log in to your FT account, simply click on this link and you’ll be taken to your company’s federation provider sign-in page.
2) Enter your federation account Username AND Password (Note: not your FT password) If you are already authenticated with your company’s federation provider on your device/browser this section may not appear
You will be logged in to your FT account and directed to www.ft.com
- The new FT Single Sign On feature is available on www.ft.com and the FT Web App and Adroid app mobile platforms
- To test to the new SSO feature, please ensure that you are logged out of your FT account before you attempt to sign in via SSO. The following link will ensure you are logged out: Log me out of my FT account
- If for any reason you are unable to authenicate/login to your work account, you will be able to log in via the www.ft.com or log in page outside of SSO by entering your FT username and FT password
- Guide to SSO with Federated IdPs
- Setup - Federated IdPs
- User Guide - Federated IdPs
- Setup - Single Sign On for Corporate Organisations
- User Guide - Single Sign On for Corporate Organisations
- Testing SSO within your business before Go-Live
- SSO User Journey (logging in via SSO)
- SSO User Journey (existing user: first time SSO login)
- Enable SSO