SSO User Frequently Asked Questions
Will SSO work on my Mobile?
Yes, you can sign in to your FT account via SSO on your mobile / tablet devices. Simply visit the FT Web App (app.ft.com) (e.g. the FT ‘home screen’ icon on an IOS device) or the FT Android Native App and follow the instructions.
Signing via SSO on your mobile:
When reaching the FT login page, simply enter your FT account email address. An additional button will appear inviting you to sign in via your Organisation’s IdP. Simply select this option to sign in.
Note - The ability to sign in to work (/federation) account on your mobile/tablet device will be required to allow you to sign into your FT account via SSO.
Will I be logged in on all my devices and different web browsers?
You will need to follow the SSO login process for each different device and/or web browser what you wish to access FT content. E.g. If you are signed in on Firefox, this will not log you in on a Chrome web browser.
What support is available if I have a problem logging in?
Direct support will be available. If you have any queries or encounter any login issues please contact email@example.com
What if my organisation has IP access to the FT?
If your organisation is set up with IP access to the FT, you are currently able to access the FT without having to log in to your FT account when you are in your organisation’s IP range(s) e.g. when you’re in the office. We appreciate that as a SSO pilot user with IP access, you will still be able to view FT content when accessing the FT within your organisation’s IP range without having to log in - However we don’t want to turn off any IP access which would affect FT access for users not using SSO)
The benefits of logging in to your FT account are:
- By signing in via SSO you will be logged into your personal FT account, this allows you to benefit from the FT personalised features, e.g. My FT
- You will be able to login to www.ft.com via SSO when you are outside your orgainsation’s IP range (e.g. when you are out the office)
- It is possible for users to login to www.ft.com via SSO using your mobile / tablet device. However the FT Web App (app.ft.com) (e.g. the Iphone FT home screen icon and the Android App will not be optimised for SSO for this stage)
What if I cannot log in to my organisation’s sign in page?
If for any reason you are unable to authenticate/login to your work account (E.g. you have forgotten your work account username or password) you will be able to log in to your FT account via the www.ft.com log in page outside of SSO by entering your FT username and FT password.
- Guide to SSO with Federated IdPs
- Setup - Federated IdPs
- User Guide - Federated IdPs
- Setup - Single Sign On for Corporate Organisations
- User Guide - Single Sign On for Corporate Organisations
- Testing SSO within your business before Go-Live
- SSO User Journey (logging in via SSO)
- SSO User Journey (existing user: first time SSO login)
- Enable SSO