Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
The FT Prize Draw (“Prize Draw”)
1. By entering into the Prize Draw, participants agree to these terms and conditions and acknowledge that failure to comply with them may result in disqualification. No purchase is necessary to enter.
2. The Prize Draw is open to participants resident in the UK who are over 18 years of age at 1st August 2017. Proof of age will be required before the Prize (defined below) is provided to the winners. Employees and immediate family members of employees of The Financial Times Limited (“FT”) and their associated companies, professional advisers, advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible to take part in the Prize Draw.
How to Enter
3. To enter the Prize Draw participants must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within the Entry Period to confirm their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. By submitting any information required as part of their entry to the Prize Draw, participants agree to their information being held and processed in accordance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998. Unless otherwise specified, any personal information provided by participants in their email entry will only be used for the purpose of administering the Prize Draw and providing the Prizes to the winners.
4. Entry Period from 11th September 2017 to 1st November 2017. Any entry received after the closing date will not be valid.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted. Multiple or incomplete entries will be deemed to be invalid. All entries will be subject to verification by FT that the participant is affiliated with an existing group FT subscription. No submissions from agents, third parties, organized groups or syndicates will be accepted. FT does not accept responsibility for failure to receive an entry.
Prize and Prize Draw
6. Two winners will be selected at random from participants who enter the Prize Draw in accordance with clause 3 on 2nd November 2017.
7. There are two winning prizes (“Prizes”, each a “Prize”). Each Prize consists of a bottle of champagne.
8. The result of the Prize Draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Each Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Notification of Winners
9. FT shall notify the selected winner by 10th November 2017 and provide details of how to claim the Prize. Each winner will be required to provide proof of age on delivery of the prize. If the Prize is declined or unclaimed by the winner, or the winner is unable to provide valid proof of age, or if the winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied within 3 business days of notification, a replacement winner may be drawn at the FT’s discretion and will be notified by the FT. The original entry that was chosen will then be forfeited. The winner is responsible for confirming valid contact details. FT will not be liable for any failure, delay or inability to contact the winner.
10. The name and county of the winner will be available from 30th November 2017 upon receipt by the Financial Times of a self-addressed envelope at the following address: The Financial Times, Number One, Southwark Bridge, London, SE1 9HL.
11. By entering the Prize Draw, the winner agrees to take part in any publicity relating to the Prize Draw by FT if the winner is invited to do so without further compensation.
12. FT reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prizes (to one of equivalent value) as required by the circumstances. There is no cash alternative.
13. FT cannot accept responsibility for or liability arising from participants taking part in the Prize Draw or for taking up the Prizes. FT gives no warranty or guarantee in relation to the Prizes and accepts no responsibility or liability for the Prizes being amended by FT. To the fullest extent permissible by law, FT excludes liability for all loss, damage or claim arising as a result of the participant’s entry into the Prize Draw or use of the Prizes.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Prize Draw shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. The Promoter is: The Financial Times Ltd, Number One Southwark Bridge, London, SE1 9HL.