The FT works with a multitude of B2B channel partners who aggregate content and offer powerful search tools. They pull through text across print and digital content, but not multimedia content.
We recognise that individuals and organisations need to access FT content using a wide variety of technology solutions. Through an FT Group Subscription customers pay once for access to the FT via multiple platforms. Together with media monitors and third party news aggregators, we provide the platforms best suited to your team or organisation.
Our aim is to deliver valuable, relevant business intelligence when you need it, to help you increase your productivity. In this post we explore FT access on third party channels in more detail and identify the differences between reading the FT on a channel versus on FT.com.
What are third-party channels?
Channels are a one-stop shop that aggregate thousands of news sources into one hub. A single search can run across a variety of content sets.
Popular news aggregators include:
- Dow Jones Factiva
- Bloomberg, and many others.
More leading news aggregators can be viewed on our Partner Programme page.
The FT is available on 60+ aggregators globally, but what are the benefits of accessing the FT in this way?
Benefits of using channels
- Use an aggregator to quickly search across thousands of content sets to cherry-pick relevant articles.
- Sophisticated search and post processing tools to cut through the noise and customise the content output.
- Easily refine your alerts as the needs of your business evolve.
The FT's solution delivers the best of both worlds. The FT is used to monitor important business events and gain valuable market insights. And since the FT is also available on LexisNexis, we can use it to fulfil specific research requests. The FT's taxonomy and indexing system is excellent. It's done by the FT's editorial team and the journalists themselves so searches are accurate and relevant, which achieves the goal of saving time.Head of Information Resources, Lawrence Graham LLP
What content and tools are only accessible on FT.com?
Some features are only available on FT.com and not on third-party channels.
- A complete list of what are the most popular articles across the globe.
- Gift up to 20 articles without the paywall, directing non-FT readers to high-quality journalism.
- Markets data, such as share prices, commodities and currency data at your fingertips.
- Charting tools that help staff research and analyse companies.
- In-depth videos that deepdive into the granular details of the news that matters.
- Photos, interactive graphics and other visual elements in the content.
- A huge array of podcasts that cover multiple topics from our renowned journalists.
- Complete interactivity in our comments section, letting you to continue the discussion with your peers.
Benefits to viewing content on FT.com
Consuming FT content on your mobile, desktop, tablet or on our app has never been simpler.
- Curated newsletters provide a tailored selection of articles, as opposed to broad search results.
- It’s easy to identify articles as part of a series on FT.com, as opposed to a broad search results list.
- Visuals within an article can help readers understand the content more easily.
- Readers can interact with journalists and like-minded people, sparking discussions.
- Comments provide wider insights and varying viewpoints that can aid decision making.
- Having additional data to back up the information you’re reading enhances the content.
Group Subscriptions - Get in touch
An FT Group Subscription extracts the intelligence that’s relevant to your business and delivers it via the media and technologies that suit you best, saving you time and keeping you informed on what matters.
Help your team make better business decisions with the FT’s trusted commentary and analysis. For more information about how the Financial Times can help your organisation or to request a free trial, please get in touch.